Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pass something back and forth.


Sometimes we need a little something that shows the care our partner has for us. We need this physical thing to touch and enjoy while they are not around. My partner and I have a wonderful little heart shaped rock that we pass back and forth depending on who needs the most love. When I have a big day ahead with lots of things coming at me my partner will make sure I slip our heart rock into my pocket before leaving. On a day when my partner is having a lot of stress or things are bothering her I slip our heart rock into her hand. This simple little gesture makes things so much more right in the world. Holding or touching that heart rock lets both of us know that the other one is with is in our hearts as we are challenged by the day. Yours doesn't have to be a rock it can be anything. A special coin, a trinket from a trip, or a special token the point is that this item carries the love you have for each other and is a reminder of that. You can't be with your partner when they have troubles outside you house all the time but with your own heart rock you love will surround them.

No comments :

Post a Comment