Friday, February 4, 2011

Power Outages and love is the best medicine.


            Sorry for the lack of postings lately but our power went out for a couple of days.  Then a quick trip to take care of the flu I thought turned into a extended stay at a very expensive hotel call the hospital.  Quickly as I was poked and stuck with needles and hooked to many many machines to give readings, and vital signs something was missing.   An important area wasn't there to make me feel better.  My wife at that time was in California at a seminar for her masters degree program.  Upon hearing the news of my problems  she quickly got on the horn and changed the flight to get home earlier.  That first night was cold and lonely as I lay in the hospital and waited to hear news from doctors or nurses.  However all changes the next day when my wife arrived.  It was like sunshine filled the room as she walked in.  Don't get me wrong I wasn't totally cured as she walked through the door but I felt more comfortable and safer with her being there.  For all the things the hospital had given me during my time there to help me feel better none of them compared to that feeling of seeing my wife, holding her, feeling her touch.  I do have to say that love is the best medicine.  

No comments :

Post a Comment