Friday, March 11, 2011

Share with your partner.

Photo from Creative Commons.
          My partner is currently writing a novel.  That may not seem too romantic to the couples out there.  However, the fact that she is sharing it with me as she writes it.  It is an honor that I must admit humbles me.   For her to share something that she holds deep inside her is truly a joy of the heart.  Now I am sure not everyone out there is writing a novel but I am sure you are being creative in some way.  Maybe you're building a deck or restoring a car.  Maybe you are making crafts to sell or planning an event for the school.  It doesn't matter what it is; share the process with your partner.  Keep him/her updated on what you are doing and how it is going.  Sure he/she might not seem interested but then again your partner could be your biggest support.  He/she will be there when you hit a snag or need a little input.  Most importantly he/she will be there to share it with you!

1 comment :

  1. Thank you for this perspective. I think we definitely tend to take some of these things for granted. My Guitar is a musician (...obviously LOL). I never viewed his sharing his music with me as something so... personal. Even though he tells me, I guess I never really took the time to comprehend what he meant. Thanks again...
    -The Butterfly

    ReplyDelete