Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Listen to Your Body

Today I awoke with a great pain in my lower back.  I have not felt anything like this in quite some time.  It is certainly unpleasant, but I thank my body for letting me know that something just isn't quite right today.  I am still not certain what that is, but I know I need to listen.  If I only complain about my back hurting and keep popping over-the-counter pain meds, I am not going to uncover the message my body is trying to get through to me.  Okay, a couple of pain killers aren't a bad thing when it hurts really badly.  Yet, I need to listen.  Why exactly is my back hurting.  Hmmm...I may not figure that out today, but if I pay attention instead of just covering it it I will likely figure it out whether consciously or not.
Photo by Ky Olson

No comments :

Post a Comment