Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dream Yoga

Dream Yoga is a form of lucid dreaming. What is lucid dreaming you ask? Well, simply put lucid dreaming is when you are aware you are dreaming. Some people have learned how to gain some control within their lucid dreams – some request to fly or speak with a particular person or change the dream in some way. Most people recognize there are dreaming when something odd occurs. One of my lucid dreams involved having to climb over a fence, but above the fence was a giant - though beautiful - spider web. There were actually three or four of these in a row. After I climbed over the first one I looked back and realized the spider web was still intact. I knew that could not be possible. Suddenly I realized I was dreaming. I tried to take control of the dream or guide its direction. I do not claim to be very good at that. I more often just try to make note that I realize I am dreaming, accept it, and pay attention.


It is said that Tibetan Buddhists developed dream yoga around 1000 years ago. The intent was to not only become aware during one’s dreams, but to accomplish specific tasks. Dream yoga is supposed to be another method to find answers, connect with the Divine, travel to different places, and more. For more in depth information on this spiritual practice check out the following book.
 
The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep   Click Here





No comments :

Post a Comment