Sunday, September 30, 2012

Eating Out Make it A Treat


We have an epidemic in this country about eating out.  In our made paced life it is easier to go somewhere and pick up something to eat then cook it ourselves.  The problem is that not only is this expensive but it is also unhealthy.  The meals we get when we go out to eat usually have double the amount of calories in them then the ones we prepare at home.  Now I don't want everyone to stop going out to eat.  However, I want to get back to the place where it is special.  Set limits on the number of times you go out to eat during a month, and stick to it.  We have decided to only go out to eat once a month and while sometimes it is inconvenient to accomplish this is sure makes us plan ahead.  We now look at going out to eat as a special occasion and not just a easy way to save some time.  When we were young we didn't have much money and every Tuesday night my Grandparents would come over and take us to Burger Chef.  It was a real treat for us as we didn't get it any time besides Tuesday nights.  Then as days passed and times changed I bet we ate fast food at least once a day maybe more.  So this is a lifestyle change that is well accepted by me.  Now I am eating better and I still get that special feeling when we do get to go out and eat.  

No comments :

Post a Comment