Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Get a book to read at the same time!


I got a great idea from a friend of mine the other day. She told me that her and her husband had gotten the book "His Needs, Her Needs." They were reading it together at night as they lay in bed together, they would take turns reading to each other. I thought what a great idea, so that weekend my wife and I went to a near by bookstore and spent about an hour scouring the relationship aisle. We both picked a book that was meant to improve relationships. We also found a couple of question books that were titled "Do you know your husband" and "Do you know your wife." They were just simple question you filled out about your spouse noting things like what their favorite color is or what their favorite toy was as a child. I must tell you that this is very addictive. We said we were only going to do one page a night but we usually end up doing three. My only fear of this is we are going through the question book to fast and it will be done soon. So if anyone knows of any other question books like this please let me know.


These books have increased our communication tremendously. We spend the first part of the night reading our own book (we will switch when we finish) then we spend about 15 minutes saying did you know... The we fill out our questions and talk about them it is so much fun. I really look forward to it each night. Now we have found something to do in bed together that is not sleeping or well you know.......


Click on the title link to go to the amazon page with these question books on them.

No comments :

Post a Comment