Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just bike it


As we got older and got cars to take us back and forth to events and work, we forgot about some of our early forms of transportation. Namely our bikes. I remember riding around our neighborhood thinking how free I was on my bike. I use to ride by all the girls houses I had crushes on just to see if they were outside. Thinking maybe they would just come and pull me off my bike and kiss me. Well we might not be eleven years old again but we can but some romance back on bike wheels again.


I have been an avid bike rider now for about seven years and I love it. Three years ago I found a new thrill I never knew existed while bike riding. I love getting out and working up a good sweat as I travel the rodes as fast as I could. This thrill, however comes from casually riding with my wife. We wanted to find something good for us to do together that would be healthy. So I suggested riding, she quickly thought that was a good idea. I however thought I had just shot myself in the foot. Ideas ran through my mind of me having to pedal slowly or wait for her to catch up as I exercised. Well I must admit riding with your spouse is different but it is more enjoyable then I ever thought. We get to chat as we ride and we also get away from out daily routine.


We look for trails that have great scenery and that whined through the woods. Not only do we get great exercise but we get to spend time together and stop every once in a while to kiss or just hold each other. You can find loads of trail on the Internet, One that made us wow was one just outside of Branson Missouri. It was a pay trail which put us off a little but we are so glad we did it. The trail had seven waterfalls and some amazing views, we spend half a day on this trail we actually rode it two times. We have also found several trail and each has it's own identity. One trail we like to ride goes right down throgh the middle of a larger city, it as cafes and shops all along the trail. We even take our kids on these trips now, too. Bike is a passion of both of ours now. So go and get your old bike out or just go get a new one. It doesn't have to be an expensive one to get the feeling of flying down the road again. Just remember to wear your helmet.


The fun part is when we are riding I picture my wife as a little girl with her pigtails flying in the air. I just hope maybe she will stop and want to pull me off my bike and kiss me.
(The couple above needs to have helmets on and you might save the hand holding for when you stop)

No comments :

Post a Comment