Friday, June 5, 2009

Lets gain some trust today.


Trust is an important part of any relationship. We understand that and when trust becomes an issue relationships seem to crumble. So today I suggest you try a trust building exercise. I want you to do one of your normal chores at home with a twist. I want you and your partner to do it together with the person that normally does the chore blindfolded. The other partner is to without touching you lead you through the chore by giving you instructions. Sounds difficult huh? Well with some practice you will gain trust in listening to your partner. I am sure a first you will think "I can do this blindfolded by myself, I've done it so many times" I am sure you will quickly find out you will need your partners help. Ah here lies the trust building. After you complete your task then it is time to reverse the situation. Now go find a chore you partner usually completes and you guide them.


This exercise will build trust and as an added bonus helps build team work in your relationship. Understand however your chores will take a little longer today. So don't get upset and make sure to laugh at the mistakes that happen. End the session with a thank you to your partner and a big kiss.

No comments :

Post a Comment