Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Walk the Walk and Talk the Talk


It amazes me how couples treat each other. The other night we were with several other couples and I listen to one woman down grade her husband with him sitting right in front of her. Well as the night went on other couples came and went. Until it was finally just a few of us. That is when my mouth almost hit the floor. The woman who was down grading her husband in front of everyone said "I can't believe the way so and so treated her boyfriend." She went on, "I feel sorry for him, they way she talked about him" I couldn't believe my ears, this lady had done the exact same thing. So either she didn't really care about her husband or she didn't even realize what she was saying.


My point here is that you cannot have a solid relationship if you view your partner as baggage. If that is the way you feel about your relationship, then you should be wondering why you feel that way. If you really don't realize that you are doing it then hopefully someday you will step back and see it from the other perspective. Before it is to late. People's feelings are fragile and what you might say in jest can really hurt sometimes. So be careful of what you say to your mate, you might not mean anything by it but they may not see it that way.
Thanks for the picture from Flickr and RussellJSmith

No comments :

Post a Comment