Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Get your Christmas Shopping on Now.


I was in our local discount store just two days ago and saw that they were putting up the Christmas decorations and supplies. My first reaction was, "Man it's not even Halloween, yet!" Then I thought about it a little longer, and what a great idea. One of my biggest complaints is that we spend all the weekends right before Christmas Shopping we don't get to spend these weekends at home enjoying the season. I would much rather be making cookies with my partner (and kids), listening to Christmas Carols and watching those famous Christmas Cartoons. However instead we are doing the hustle and bustle looking for those last minute things we need to pick up. I challenge all of you do get 90% of your Christmas shopping done by the end of November. I did this a couple of years in a row and man those were great years. It was easy to get the shopping done, my spouse and I didn't fight or dread doing the shopping. Sure their were some things that came out later the kids wanted but all I had to do was zip in and pick up that item only. Then the whole month of December was ours to enjoy.

Start making your list today, and get those hard to buy for people out of the way the only thing you should have to buy during the month of December should be for your kids or partner. Then on the weekends during the holidays spend them going caroling, or attending friends parties or even have your own Christmas party. Lastly just spend some quiet time with you partner sitting in a chair with the fire a blaze and the snow gently falling outside. While you sip your warm cocoa think of all the poor suckers out their running from store to store.

No comments :

Post a Comment