Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Don't be a Follower

It's okay not to be in a pack.
          One thing that can become disturbing in a relationship is when one partner is what I call a follower.  This person doesn't have the power to seek and find out things that they love.  They just find something someone else has passion for and jumps on the bandwagon.  Maybe it is because they feel safe because someone else is there to lead them and guide them or maybe it is because they want to fit in.  This holds so true for your relationship also just because one of you loves football doesn't mean the other one has to sit and watch all the games with you.  Religion is the same way maybe your partner is a christian and that is fine but you don't have to become christian just because your partner is.  March to the beat of your own drummer don't pick things that seem safe or others are doing unless it really feels right to you.  

          As I personally look inside myself I find that I am creating my own things.  As I search for believes I find that I am taking bits and pieces from several different areas and forging my own believe.  This is important not only in our relationship, but in our passion and desire.  So bring believes into your relationship that benefit you and they will help your partner understand it is okay for them to bring in their believes.  There is room for both in every relationship and if there is not room then is it really a relationship at all?

No comments :

Post a Comment