Saturday, August 20, 2011

Books, Books, Books

There is a wealth of knowledge out there just waiting to be soaked up.  There are classes you can take, seminars you can attend, and groups you can join to learn and expand your knowledge.  However, one of the best places to look is your local bookstore or library.  Picking up a book and reading the author’s opinion or material can give you insight into a variety of different topics.  Today with the vast number of books libraries have and as inexpensive as they are you can surely find about anything you would enjoy learning about.  You can also download books electronically for quick and easy access.  You can find books on lifestyles, different cultures, healthy alternatives, spiritual traditions and the list goes on and on.  Picking up a book on a subject you know little or nothing about can open a door that you might not ever have even seen. Maybe it won't resonate with you.  On the other hand, maybe it will be a life changing read.  You might just find a little bit or piece of something you want to add to your personal lifestyle.  By reading you can learn and experience the energy each subject has to offer all while sitting in your bed, on the train, or even eating your lunch.  I love to view each book as a doorway into an exciting room, what that room holds I don't know until I get to the back of the room and find the doorway out (back cover).  As I go through the room, however, I might just sit in a comfy chair or look out a window as I learn and grow.  Never have I encountered a book that I haven't taken something from.  Even if I dislike the book I still learn or gain knowledge from the information inside.  Think about that the next time you go looking for a book.  Maybe picking up something a little different is just what you need.  Too much knowledge has never been a problem, but a lack of knowledge may be a problem.

Photo from Creative Commons

No comments :

Post a Comment