Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sacred Places

Sometimes we encounter places that send us a rush of feelings and give us a great sense of peace and serenity.


There are obvious places like the Wailing Wall, Machu Picchu, Stonehenge, and so on. For many entering a church may give this feeling. You may also find other places that touch you deeply. It is even possible to feel this way in your own backyard, in the woods by the creek, by a particular waterfall, on the beach, etc. One of my most sacred places is the campus of St. Mary-of-the-Woods College in Indiana. When I did my undergrad study there all I had to do was pull through the gate and the absolute presence of God wrapped me in warmth and my heart glowed. I always felt such peace and joy there. Another place for me just happens to be my husband’s embrace.

Do you have a place like this? Take a moment to close your eyes and consider it.

No comments :

Post a Comment